About Visual DialogShell

cnodnarb

About Visual DialogShell

Post by cnodnarb » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:23 pm

About Visual DialogShell
Take 1: 3/28/2019
Visual DialogShell is an attempt to make a language that is forgiving, fluid, usable, a little messy, fun and powerful. It's a little section of town in a large city called PowerShell, so anything you can do in PowerShell, you can do in DialogShell, and anything you can do in DialogShell, is more than you can do in PowerShell.

If you break your computer with PowerShell or DialogShell or a hammer or a glass of water, I'm not going to let you blame me. DialogShell is licensed under MIT. I might later SELL a version under a different license where I could be found liable, but that's a decision I haven't made yet. You also might later SELL a version under a different license where you could be found liable, but that's not a decision you've made yet.

Visual DialogShell was built with some hope of forming a community. I like forums. I like people. I like code. That might not happen. But I got to build a forum, and I got to build some code, and I have friends outside of DialogShell, so I've already accomplished my goals, but man I love a party! :D

I'm going to put some code behind that donate button someday. I don't think anyone is going to add more to this language than I have, I mean it could happen, but it's not likely. If you find yourself using this software weekly or daily, I'm open to gratuities.

That's about it for this take. Thanks for reading!